MS/PhD written test and interviews for admissions in January-2020 are scheduled from November 27th (27-11-2019, Wednesday) to November 29th (29-11-2019, Friday).
List of candidates shortlisted for the written test on Wednesday, November 27th, 2019 (27-11-2019) for admission into MS/PhD program in January 2020.
For Regular PhD click here: Regular PhD
For Direct PhD click here: Direct PhD
For MS click here: MS by Research
External/part-time registration: for all programmes click here: External+Part-time
Date of written test – 27-11-2019 (Wednesday). Please report by 08.30 AM in Class Room Complex – 201 (CRC-201) in Alumni Avenue, IIT Madras.
If you are a shortlisted candidate, a valid GATE score or equivalent is still required for the following categories:
1. Candidates applying for MS under the Full Time (HTRA) category.
2. Candidates applying for Direct PhD under the Full time (HTRA) category. GATE score (or equivalent) is required for applicants from non-CFTI institutes and from CFTI institutes with CGPA less than 8/10.
3.Candidates applying for Regular PhD under the Full time (HTRA) category. GATE score (or equivalent) is required for candidates with MSc degree or with candidates with Integrated (dual degree) degrees.
Without a valid GATE score or equivalent, you will not be allowed for the written test.
“If a candidate is graduating in June-July 2020 in the eligibility degree and appearing for GATE 2020 or equivalent exam in 2020, should produce a letter from the head of the institution, clearly stating the year of graduation is 2020. These candidates admission is subject to the submission of GATE or equivalent scorecard and course completion certificate at the time of admission.”
For more information, please see the Admission brochure on the Admissions website – https://research.iitm.ac.in/
Please direct any queries to the MME Dept. Office
|Date||November 27, 2019, Wednesday|
|Venue||Class Room Complex (CRC) , Room No 201|
|Time||Reporting by 8:30 AM|
|Required Documents||1. A printed copy of your application form after the online registration clearly showing your application number and photo
2.Self Attested copy of the Birth Certificate
3. Self Attested copy of the first page of SSLC/HSC/Matriculation certificate
4. Original valid GATE Score Card / UGC –JRF or NET / CSIR-JRF /DAE-JEST)/INSPIRE award letter wherever required.
5. One set of photocopies of Degree certificate(s) and Grade Cards/Mark sheets of all the semesters with originals.
6. EWS/OBC/SC/ST community certificate original with a self-attested copy, if the candidate belongs to EWS/OBC/SC/ST category. (EWS and OBC candidates to submit Valid EWS/Non-Creamy layer certificates respectively in the prescribed GoI format)
7. Relieving order/Resignation acceptance letter as per our institute format for employed /external/part-time candidates.
8. Part-time scholars residing within the commutable distance from IIT Madras have to submit NOC and permission letter from the organization to do course work. Institute will waive the residential requirement and in that case, leave is not required for attending the courses.
|Bank details for Travel Allowance (TA) reimbursement for PhD applicants||Regular and direct PhD (only HTRA) applicants are eligible for reimbursement of second class single to & fro rail fare from your place of residence to Chennai by the shortest route on submission of your claim in the prescribed format with all relevant particulars (Train No., Coach No. Ticket No. Fare paid, Date of Journey, Station from and to etc.).
A candidate is entitled to a single TA as above even as he/she may attend the interview in more than one department on the same trip.
To enable us to process your TA claims please have the following details with you along with your travel documents (ticket details)1. Name as appears in the bank account
2. Account no
3. Bank name
4. Branch name
5. Branch IFSC code The TA will be directly credited to your bank account. Please also bring a copy of the first page of your passbook to attach along with the claim form