- Combinatorial alloy design
- Atom probe tomography and Field ion microscopy
- Magnetic materials
- Thin films and hard coatings
- Correlative microscopy
- Amorphous and nanocrystalline materials
- Mechanical behaviour of materials
K G Pradeep
May 2018 – till date
Phone: + 91 44 2257 4764
Selected Journal Publications
- Z. Li, C. C. Tasan, K. G. Pradeep, D. Raabe, “A TRIP-assisted dual-phase high-entropy alloy: Grain size and phase fraction effects on deformation behavior” Acta Mater. 131 (2017) 323-335.
- Marshal, K. G. Pradeep, D. Music, S. Zafferer, P. S. De, J. M. Schneider “Combinatorial synthesis of high entropy alloys: Introduction of a novel, single phase, body-centered-cubic FeMnCoCrAl solid solution” J. Alloys and compounds. 691 (2017) 693-689.
- I. Basu, K. G. Pradeep, C. Mießen, L. A. Barrales-Mora, T. Al-Samman “The role of atomic scale segregation in designing highly ductile magnesium alloys” Acta Mater. 116 (2016) 77-94.
- Z. Li, K. G. Pradeep, Y. Deng, D. Raabe, C. Tasan “Metastable high-entropy dual-phase alloys overcome the strength ductility trade-off” Nature. 534 (2016) 227-230.
- K. G. Pradeep, C.C. Tasan, M.J. Yao, Y. Deng, H. Springer, D. Raabe, “Non-equiatomic high entropy alloys: Approach towards rapid alloy screening and property-oriented design” Mater. Sci. Eng. A 648 (2015), 183-192.
- Y. Deng, C.C. Tasan, K. G. Pradeep, H. Springer, A. Kostka, D. Raabe, “Designing of a twinning-induced plasticity high entropy alloy” Acta Mater. 94 (2015), 124-133.
- S. Mandal, K. G. Pradeep, S. Zaefferer, D. Raabe, “A novel approach to measure grain boundary segregation in bulk polycrystalline materials as a function of the boundaries’ five rotational degrees of freedom” Scripta Mater. 81 (2014) 16-19.
- K. G. Pradeep, G. Herzer, P. Choi, D. Raabe, “Atom probe tomography study of ultrahigh nano-crystallization rates in FeSiNbBCu soft magnetic amorphous alloys upon rapid annealing ”Acta Mater. 68 (2014) 295-309.
- H. Zhang, K. G. Pradeep, S. Mandal, D. Ponge, P. Choi, C. C. Tasan, D. Raabe, “Enhanced superplasticity in an Al-alloyed multicomponent Mn-Si-Cr-C steel” Acta Mater. 63 (2014) 232-244.
- K. G. Pradeep, N. Wanderka, P. Choi, J. Banhart, B. S. Murty, D. Raabe, “Atomic-scale compositional characterization of a nanocrystalline AlCrCuFeNiZn high-entropy alloy using atom probe tomography” Acta Mater. 61 (2013) 4696-4706.
- Combinatorial design of novel rare-earth free permanent magnets.
- Correlative microscopy study of grain boundary segregation in Mg-rare earth alloys.
- Experimental determination of stacking fault energies in multi-component systems.