- Surface engg., thermal spray coatings & weld cladding
- Reactive & spark plasma sintering of in-situ composites
- Ultra high temperature ceramic composites
- Dissimilar metal joining and adhesive bonding
- Nanomechanical and nano-tribological property evaluation
- Radiation effects on materials
Srinivasa Rao Bakshi
Dec 2010 – Jul 2016 – Assistant Professor
Jul 2016 – till date – Associate Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Karthiselva N.S. and Srinivasa R. Bakshi; Carbon nanotube and in-situ titanium carbide reinforced titanium diboride matrix composites synthesized by reactive spark plasma sintering; Mater. Sci. Eng. A 663 (2016) 38–48.
- Panta Jojibabu, Jagannatham M., Prathap Haridoss, Janaki Ram G.D., Abhijit P. Deshpande and Srinivasa R. Bakshi; Effect of different carbon nano-fillers on rheological properties and lap shear strength of epoxy adhesive joints; Composites Part A 82 (2016) 53–64.
- Karthiselva N.S., Murty B.S. and Srinivasa R.Bakshi; Low temperature synthesis of dense and ultrafine grained zirconium diboride compacts by reactive spark plasma sintering; Scripta Mater. 110 (2016) 78–81.
- Pramod S.L., Prasada Rao A.K., Murty B.S. and Srinivasa R. Bakshi; Effect of Sc addition on the microstructure and wear properties of A 356 alloy and A356-TiB in-situ composite; Mater. Design 24 (2015) 2185- 22207.
- Karthiselva S., Murty B.S. and Srinivasa R. Bakshi; Low temperature synthesis of dense TiB compacts by reaction spark plasma 2 sintering; Int. J. Refract. Met. and Hard Mater. 48 (2015) 201-210.
- Rajeev G.P., Kamaraj M. and Srinivasa R. Bakshi; Al-Si-Mn alloy coating on aluminum substrate using cold metal transfer (CMT) welding technique; JOM 66 (2014) 1061-1067.
- Prathap Chandran, Tadepalli Sirimuvva, Niraj Nayan, Shukla A.K., Narayana Murty S.V.S., Pramod S.L., Sharma S.C. and Srinivasa R. Bakshi; Effect of carbon nanotube dispersion on mechanical properties of aluminum-silicon alloy matrix composites; J. Mater. Eng. Perform. 23 (2014) 1028-1037.
- Cold spray technology development for repair and coating of aircraft engine components (Jointly with Kamaraj M. and Sundararajan G.), 2016.
- Development of W-Cu functionally graded nanocrystalline material for the first wall component (Jointly with Murty B. S.), 2016-2018.
- Synthesis and thermo-mechanical processing effects on the microstructure and mechanical properties of Ti-Al-Ni-Cr-Co-Fe based multi-component/high-entropy alloys (Jointly with Phanikumar G.), 2013 – 2016.
- Multi-join – dissimilar metals joining for automotive applications (Jointly with Janaki Ram G. D., Phanikumar G. and Abhijit Deshpande), 2012-2014.
Awards & Recognitions
- Institute Research and Development Award 2016 for excellence in research and development.
- 2014 MPMD Young Leader Professional Development Award by TMS, USA.