- Applied nanostructures and nanochemistry
- Device materials (including functional ceramics)-electronic and optical properties
- Nitrides and oxynitrides & hybrid materials
- Morphology transitions in nanostructures (theory and experiment)
Jan 2015 – till date: Assistant Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Kousika Anbalgan and Tiju Thomas, “Size-dependent disproportionation (in ~2-20 nm regime) and hybrid-Bond-valence derived interatomic potentials for BaTaO2N”, Applied Nanoscience
- G. Sudha Priyanga and Tiju Thomas, “Direct band gap narrowing and light-harvesting-potential in orthorhombic In-doped-AlFeO3 perovskite: A first principles study” , Journal of Alloys and Compounds 750, 312–319 (2018)
- “Surface enthalpy driven size focussing trends: predictive modelling for digestive ripening of spherical particles“, Applied Surface Science (April 2018) (just accepted)
- Qian Wu, Xiaojie Wang, Rasaki Sefiu Abolaji, Tiju Thomas, Chuanxi Wang, Chi Zhang and Minghui Yang, “Yellow-Emitting Carbon Dots Impregnated Carboxy Methyl Cellulose/Poly-vinyl-alcohol and Chitosan: Stable, Free-Standing, Enhanced Quenching for Cu2+ ions Sensor”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C (Mar 2018)
- Santosh Behara, Lalitha Ghatti, Shivani Kanthamani, Malathi Dumpala and Tiju Thomas “Structural, optical, and Raman studies of Gd doped sodium bismuth titanate”, Ceramic International (Mar 2018) (just accepted)
- Bhusankar Talluri, Edamana Prasad , Tiju Thomas, “Critical role of surfactants in the formation of digestively-ripened, ultra-small (r<2 nm) copper oxide quantum dots”, Superlattices and Microstructures, 116, 122-130 (2018)
- Fengdong Qu, Shang W, Tiju Thomas, Ruan, S. and Yang, M.”Self-template derived ZnFe2O 4 double-shell microspheres for chemresistive gas sensing.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 265, 625-631 (2018).
- Bingxue Zhang, Xinxin Zhou, Shendan Zhang, Fengdong Qu, Tiju Thomasc,* and Minghui Yang*, “Porous coral-like NiCo2O4 nanospheres with promising xylene gas sensing properties“, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical 261(1), 203-209 (2018)
- Prasanna Kumar, Nagaraju Kottam, Preetham R, R. Harikrishna, Tiju Thomas, “Understanding the photoluminescence behaviour in nano CaZrO3:Eu3+ pigments by Judd-Ofelt intensity parameters“, Dyes and Pigments 150, 306-314 (2018)
- Fengdong Qu, Shang, W, Wang, D, Du S, Tiju Thomas, Ruan, S. and Yang, M., “Coordination Polymers Derived Multi-shelled Mixed Ni-Co Oxides Microspheres for Robust and Selective Detection of Xylene” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (just accepted)
- Morphology transitions in nanostructures of transition/rare earth metal compounds and their applications, DST, 2016-2019.
- Self-assembled and nitrided transition metal compound nanostructures for charge transfer (in energy harvesting, sensing platforms) and remediation related applications, IIT Madras, 2015-2018.
- Complex nitrides and oxynitrides, IIT Madras, 2015-2018.
- Full solar spectrum absorbers for photo functional applications and liquid crystal nanoscience: new directions in hybrid materials research, DST, 2012.
Awards & Recognitions
- Fast Track Young Scientist award, DST, May 2016.
- INSPIRE Faculty award, DST, Feb 2012.