- Applied nanostructures and nanochemistry
- Device materials (including functional ceramics)-electronic and optical properties
- Nitrides and oxynitrides & hybrid materials
- Morphology transitions in nanostructures (theory and experiment)
Jan 2015 – till date: Assistant Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Abhijit Kalaskar, Tiju Thomas and Rajeev Ranjan; Electric field induced short range to long range structural ordering and its influence on the Eu+3 photoluminescence in the lead-free ferroelectric Na1/2 Bi1/2 TiO3 ; J. Appl. Phys. 117 (2015) 244106.
- Niya Mary and Tiju Thomas; Nanorod to quantum dot conversion in ZnO dispersions with co-surfactants; RSC Adv. 5 (2015) 15154-15158.
- Aakanksha Chaudhary, Poshit Nag, Tiju Thomas, Ravishankar N., Manish Jain and Srinivasan Raghavan; Synergistic effect of Mo+Cu codoping on the photocatalytic behaviour of metastable TiO2 solid solutions; J. Phys. Chem. C 118 (2014) 29788-29795.
- Arun D Rao, Suresh Karalatti, Praveen C Ramamurthy and Tiju Thomas; Self-assembled, aligned ZnO nanorod buffer layers for high current density, inverted organic photovoltaics; ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 6 (2014) 16792-16799.
- Monika D.L., Nagabhushana H., Hari Krishna R., Nagabhushana B.M., Sharma S.C. and Tiju Thomas; Synthesis and photoluminescence investigations on Li+ co-activator based Sr2 CeO4 :Dy3 nanophosphor a viable potential white light phosphor; RSC Adv. 4 (2014) 38655- 38662 .
- Hari Krishna R., Nagabhushana B.M., Nagabhushana H., Monika D.L., Sivaramakrishna R., Shivakumara C.,Chakradhar R.P.S and Tiju Thomas; Photoluminescence, thermoluminescence and EPR studies of solvothermally derived Ni2+ doped Y(OH)3 and Y2 O3 multi-particle- chain microrods; J. Lumin 155( 2014) 125-134 .
- Morphology transitions in nanostructures of transition/rare earth metal compounds and their applications, DST, 2016-2019.
- Self-assembled and nitrided transition metal compound nanostructures for charge transfer (in energy harvesting, sensing platforms) and remediation related applications, IIT Madras, 2015-2018.
- Complex nitrides and oxynitrides, IIT Madras, 2015-2018.
- Full solar spectrum absorbers for photo functional applications and liquid crystal nanoscience: new directions in hybrid materials research, DST, 2012.
Awards & Recognitions
- Fast Track Young Scientist award, DST, May 2016.
- INSPIRE Faculty award, DST, Feb 2012.