- Nano apatite based multi mode drug delivery & imaging system
- Surface featuring of metallic implants for enhanced biofunctionalisation
- Electrospun and electrosprayed bioceramics and biocomposites
- Self-setting injectable bone and dental cements
- Antimicrobial materials, drug carriers and coatings
Sampath Kumar T.S.
Oct 1998 – Apr 2006: Assistant Professor
Apr 2006 – Sep 2009: Associate Professor
Sep 2009 – till date: Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Hanas T., Sampath Kumar T.S., Govindaraj Peruma and Mukesh Doble; Tailoring degradation of AZ31 alloy by surface pre-treatment and electrospun PCL fibrous coating; Mater. Sci. Eng. C 65 (2016) 43-50.
- Sandeep Kranthi Kiran A., Madhumathi K. and Sampath Kumar T.S.; Electrosprayed titania nanocups for protein delivery; Colloid Interface Sci. Comm.12 (2016) 17-20.
- Jayasree R. and Sampath Kumar T.S.; Acrylic cement formulations modified with calcium deficient apatite nanoparticle for orthopaedic applications; J. Comp. Mater. 49 (2015) 2921-2933.
- Sampath Kumar T.S., Madhumathi K., Rajkamal Balu, Zaheatha S, Rajathi Malar A. and Alamelu Bai S.; Enhanced protein delivery by multi-ion containing eggshell derived apatitic-alginate composite nanocarriers; Colloid Surface B; Biointerfaces 123 (2014) 542-548.
- Ratna Sunil B., Ganapathy C., Sampath Kumar T.S. and Uday Chakkingal; Processing and mechanical behaviour of lamellar structured degradable magnesium–hydroxyapatite implants; J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. Mater. 40 (2014)178-189.
- Madhumathi K. and Sampath Kumar T.S.; Regenerative potential and antibacterial activity of tetracycline loaded apatitic nanocarriers for the treatment of periodontitis; Biomed. Mater. 9 (2014) 035002.
- Ratna Sunil B., Sampath Kumar T.S., Uday Chakkingal, Nandakumar V. and Mukesh Doble; Nano-hydroxyapatite reinforced AZ31 magnesium alloy by friction stir processing: a solid state processing for biodegradable metal matrix composites; J. Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 25 (2014) 975-988.
- Agar based wound dressing, jointly with IIT Kanpur, DST, 2016 -2019.
- Bioceramic nanocarriers for simultaneous drug delivery, DBT, 2009- 2013.
- Ultrafine grain refinement of metals for implant applications, DRDO, 2009-2012.
- Electrospinning of ceramic nanofibers for biomedical applications, CSIR, 2007-2010.
Awards & Recognitions
- Fellow: Society for biomaterials & artificial organs – India and International Medical Sciences Academy.
- Dr. Uma & Dr. B C Bansal International Oration award 2015, International Medical Sciences Academy.
- Best Paper award, Journal of biomaterials and tissue engineering – 2011 & 2014.