- Corrosion characteristics of engg. materials & coatings
- Smart coatings for corrosion protection
- Micro and mechano electrochemistry
- Titania nanotubes and properties
- Metallic bipolar plates for PEMFC
- High temperature oxidation and hot corrosion
Jan 2012 – July 2017: Assistant Professor
July 2017 – till date: Associate Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Munirathinam B. and Neelakantan L.; Role of crystallographic texture and crystallinity on the electrochemical behaviour of nanocrystalline Sr doped calcium phosphate coatings; J. Electrochem. Soc.163 (2016) D336-D343.
- Munirathinam B. and Neelakantan L.; Role of crystallinity on the nanomechanical and electrochemical properties of TiO nanotubes; J. 2 Electroanal. Chem. 770 (2016) 73-83.
- Srinivas M., Srinivas Kumar Adapaka and Lakshman Neelakanthan; Solubility effects of Sn and Ga on the microstructure and corrosion behaviour of Al-Mg-Sn-Ga anodes; J. Alloy. Compd. 683 (2016) 647-653.
- Rajan V. and Lakshman Neelakantan; Design and fabrication of a simple versatile microelectrochemical cell and its accessories; Rev. Sci. Instrum. 86 (2015).
- Rajasekar S., Chetty R. and Lakshman Neelakantan; Low-nickel austenitic stainless steel as an alternative to 316L bipolar plate for proton exchange membrane fuel cells; Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 40 (2015) 12413-12423.
- Lakshman Neelakantan, Pareek A. and Hassel A.W.; Electro-dissolution of 30Nb-Ti alloys in methanolic sulfuric acid-optimal conditions for electropolishing; Electrochim. Acta 56 (2011) 6678-6682.
- Lakshman Neelakantan and Hassel A.W.; Rotating disc electrode study of the electropolishing mechanism of NiTi in methanolic sulfuric acid; Electrochim. Acta 53 (2007) 915-919.
- Development of high performance alloys for bipolar plate application in automobile, SAIL R&D, Ranchi, 2015-2016.
- Effect of hydrogen environment embrittlement sensitivity & alloy 718 weldments, LPSC, VSCC, 2014-2016.
- Electrochemical & corrosion behaviour of 216L SS as potential alternative to 316L for bipolar plate application in PEMFC, Nissan research support program, 2012-2015.
- Oxidation & hot corrosion studies on gas turbine alloys, GTRE, DRDO.