- PEM fuel cells
- Carbon nanomaterials including carbon nanotubes and semiconducting nanomaterials
- Recycling printed circuit boards
- Development of assistive devices
Jan 2003 – Jul 2009: Assistant Professor
Jul 2009 – Jul 2013: Associate Professor
Jul 2013 – till date: Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Ebenezer D., Abhijit P. Deshpande and Prathap Haridoss; Cross- linked poly (vinyl alcohol)/sulfosuccinic acid polymer as an electrolyte/ electrode material for H -O proton exchange membrane fuel cells; J. 2 2 Power Sources 304 (2016) 282-292.
- Jojibabu P., Jagannatham M., Prathap Haridoss, Janaki Ram G.D., Abhijit Deshpande and Srinivasa R Bakshi; Effect of different nano-carbon reinforcements on the lap shear strength of epoxy adhesive joints; Composites A 82 (2016) 53-64.
- Jagannatham M., Sankaran S. and Prathap Haridoss; Electroless nickel plating of arc discharge synthesised carbon nanotubes for composites; Appl. Surf. Sci. 324 (2015) 475-481.
- Joseph Berkmans, Jagannatham M., Rohit Reddy D. and Prathap Haridoss; Synthesis of thin bundled single walled carbon nanotubes and nanohorn hybrids by arc discharge technique in open air atmosphere; Diam. Relat. Mater. 55 (2015) 12-15.
- Joseph Berkmans, Jagannatham M. and Prathap Haridoss; Nano scratch technique for aligning multiwalled carbon nanotubes synthesised by arc discharge method in open air; Bull. Mater. Sci. 38 (2015) 875-886.
- Physics of materials, Essential concepts of solid state physics, Wiley, 2015.
- Principal Investigator for development of partial exoskeleton to enable enhanced mobility for a person with limited capability in one lower limb and normal capability in the other, 2013-2014.
- Co-Investigator for studies on hydrogen storage in carbon materials, 2010-2015.
- Co-Investigator for development of smart materials base on non – linear optical absorption and optical limiting in nano materials, 2009-2012.
- Principal Investigator (Sole Investigator from India) for synthesis, characterisation, functionalisation and investigation of electrochemical properties of aligned carbon nanotubes, 2008-2010.
- US Patent # 6,821,661: Hydrophilic anode gas diffusion layer: Haridoss P., Karuppaiah C. and McElroy J.; Plug power; Granted: November 2004.
- US Patent # 6,774,637: Method of qualifying at least a portion of a fuel cell system and an apparatus employing the same; Hallum R., Comi C., Wu Y., Haridoss P. and Karuppaiah C.; Plug power; Granted: August 2004.
- US Patent # 6,696,190: Fuel cell system & method: Haridoss P.; Plug power; Granted: February 2004.