- Computational crystal plasticity
- Deformation behaviour of materials
- Mechanics of irradiated materials
- Plastic anisotropy and crystallographic texture in metals
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME)
- Low Symmetry Crystals
Kanjarla Anand Krishna
Dec 2012 – March 2021 : Assistant Professor
March 2021 – till date: Associate Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Kumar M.A., Kanjarla A.K., Niezgoda S.R., Lebensohn R.A. and Tomé C.N.; Numerical study of the stress state of a deformation twin in magnesium; Acta Mater. 84 (2015) 349-358.
- Niezgoda S.R., Kanjarla A.K., Beyerlein I.J. and Tomé C.N.; Stochastic modelling of twin nucleation in polycrystals: an application in hexagonal close-packed metals; Int. J. Plasticity 56 (2014) 119-138.
- Pokharel R., Lind J., Kanjarla A.K., Lebensohn R.A., Li S.F., Kenesei P., Suter R.M., Rollett A.D. and Annu. Rev. Condens; Polycrystal plasticity: comparison between grain-scale observations of deformation and simulations; Matter Phys. 5 (2014) 317-346.
- Niezgoda S.R., Kanjarla A.K. and Kalidindi S.R.; Novel microstructure quantification framework for databasing, visualisation and analysis of microstructure data; Integr. Mater. Manuf. Innovation 2 (2013)1-27.
- Balogh L., Niezgoda S.R., Kanjarla A.K., Brown D.W., Clausen B. and Liu W.; Spatially resolved in-situ strain measurements from an interior twinned grain in bulk polycrystalline AZ31 alloy; Acta Mater. 61 (2013)3612-3620 .
- Lebensohn R.A., Kanjarla A.K. and Eisenlohr P.; An elasto viscoplastic formulation based on fast fourier transforms for the prediction of micromechanical fields in polycrystalline materials; Int. J. Plasticity 32(2012) 59-69.
- Kanjarla A.K., Lebensohn R.A., Balogh L. and Tomé C.N.; Study of internal lattice strain distributions in stainless steel using a full-field elasto-viscoplastic formulation based on fast fourier transforms; Acta Mater. 60 (2012) 3094-3106.
- Integrated experimental and computational study of creep in advanced superalloys.
- On the multiscale modelling of texture and anisotropy development during thermomechanical processing of duplex stainless steels.
- Effect of thermo-mechanical processing on the microstructure, texture and anisotropy evolution in various Ti alloys used in launch vehicle programmes of ISRO.
- Strengthening mechanisms in superalloy creep.