- Deformation behaviour
- Fatigue of materials and weldments
- Fretting fatigue, fretting wear, surface engineering
- Thermal spray processing
- High temperature deformation
Ganesh Sundara Raman S
Oct 2000 – Apr 2006: Assistant Professor
Apr 2006 – Mar 2009: Associate Professor
Mar 2009 – till date: Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Jalaj Kumar, Singh, A.K., Ganesh Sundara Raman S. and Vikash Kumar; Observation of etch- pits and LAGB configurations during ambient creep of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy; Matell. Mater. Trans. A 47(2016) 2560-2565.
- Damodaram R., Ganesh Sundara Raman S. and Prasad Rao K.; Effect of post-weld heat treatments on microstructure and mechanical properties of friction welded alloy 718 joints; Mater. Design 53 (2014) 954-961.
- Venkatesh C.V., Ganesh Sundara Raman S. and Uday Chakkingal; Characterisation of AA6061 alloy processed by equal channel angular pressing and subjected to low cycle fatigue; Trans. Ind. Inst. Met.(2013) 147-154.
- Anand Kumar S., Ganesh Sundara Raman S., Sankara Narayanan T.S.N. and Gnanamoorthy R.; Fretting wear behaviour of surface mechanical attrition treated alloy 718; Surf. Coat. Tech. 206 (2012) 4425-4432.
- Satendra Kumar, Siva Kumar B., Sankara Narayanan T.S.N., Ganesh Sundara Raman S. and Seshadri S.K.; Fretting corrosion mapping of CP-Ti in ringer’s solution; Wear 268 (2010)1537-1541.
- Navaneethakrishnan P., Ganesh Sundara Raman S., Gnanamoorthy R. and Ravi N.; Relative performance of hydrogenated,argon-incorporated and nitrogen-incorporated diamond-like carbon coated Ti-6Al-4V samples under fretting wear loading; Thin Solid Films 517 (2009) 4365-4371.
- Rajasekaran B., Ganesh Sundara Raman S., Joshi S. V. and Sundararajan G.; Effect of microarc oxidised layer thickness on plain fatigue and fretting fatigue behaviour of Al-Mg-Si alloy; Int. J. Fatigue 30 (2008) 1259-1266.
- High temperature evaluation of fatigue crack growth of austenitic stainless steel (Type 304 LN & 316 LN SS) weld joints made of A-TIG and TIG welding processes and comparison with that of the base metals, 2016-2017.
- Performance of coatings under fretting wear conditions, AR & DB, 2015-2018.
- Fretting fatigue behaviour of Ti-6Al-4V, GTRE, 2015-2016.
- Fatigue behaviour of an ultra fine grained aluminium alloy processed by equal channel angular pressing, DST, 2011-2015.
- Evaluation of mechanical properties of type 304LN stainless steel A-TIG weld joint, IGCAR, 2010-2011.
Awards & Recognitions
- DAAD Scholarship, visit to Germany for two months in 2006.
- STA Post-Doct. Fellowship, Science & Technology Agency, Japan, 1997.
- French government Post-Doctoral scholarship, French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Paris,1995.