List of candidates shortlisted for the written exam on November 29th, 2018 for admission into MS/PhD program in January 2019
For Regular PhD click here : List_of_candidates_for_RPhD_written_test
For Direct PhD click here: List_of_candidates_for_DPhD_written_test
For MS click here : List_of_candidates_for_MS_written_test
If you are a shortlisted candidate, a valid GATE score or equivalent is still required for the following categories:
1. Candidates applying for MS under the Full Time (HTRA) category.
2. Candidates applying for Direct PhD under the Full time (HTRA) category. GATE score (or equivalent) is required for applicants from non-CFTI institutes and from CFTI institutes with CGPA less than 8/10.
3.Candidates applying for Regular PhD under the Full time (HTRA) category. GATE score (or equivalent) is required for candidates with MSc degree or with candidates with Integrated (dual degree) degrees.
Without a valid GATE score or equivalent, you will not be allowed for the written test.
For more information, please see the Admission brochure in the Admissions website – https://research.iitm.ac.in/
Please direct any queries to the MME Dept. Office
|Date||November 29, 2018, Thursday|
|Venue||Class Room Complex (CRC) , Room No 201|
|Time||Reporting by 8:30 AM|
|Required Documents||1. Printed copy of your application form after the online registration clearly showing your application number and photo
2.Self Attested copy of the Birth Certificate
3. Self Attested copy of the first page of SSLC/HSC/Matriculation certificate
4. Original valid GATE Score Card / UGC –JRF or NET / CSIR-JRF /DAE-JEST)/INSPIRE award letter wherever required.
5. One set of photo copies of Degree certificate(s) and Grade Cards/Mark sheets of all the semesters with originals.
6. OBC/SC/ST community certificate original with an self attested copy, if the candidate belongs to OBC/SC/ST category. (OBC candidates to submit Valid Non-Creamy layer certificate in the prescribed format)
7. Relieving order/Resignation acceptance letter as per enclosed format for employed / external / part time candidates.
8. Part time scholars residing within the commutable distance from IIT Madras have to submit NOC and permission letter from the organization to do course work. Institute will waive the residential requirement and in that case leave not required for attending the courses.
|Bank details for Travel Allowance (TA) reimbursement for PhD applicants||Regular and direct PhD (only HTRA) applicants are eligible for reimbursement of second class single to & fro rail fare from your place of residence to Chennai by the shortest route on submission of your claim in the prescribed format with all relevant particulars (Train No., Coach No. Ticket No. Fare paid, Date of Journey, Station from and to etc.).
A candidate is entitled for a single TA as above even as he / she may attend interview in more than one department in the same trip.
To enable us to process your TA claims please have the following details with you along with your travel documents (ticket details)1. Name as appears in bank account
2. Account no
3. Bank name
4. Branch name
5. Branch IFSC code The TA will be directly credited to your bank account. Please also bring a copy of the first page of your passbook to attach along with the claim form