- Smart materials and shape memory alloys
- Physical metallurgy
- Composite materials
- Failure analysis
Apr 1990 – Jul 1995: Lecturer
Jul 1995 – Apr 2006: Assistant Professor
Apr 2006– Mar 2009: Associate Professor
Mar 2009– till date: Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Dmitry S. Kuchin, Victor Koledov V., Pavel Bogun V., Peter V. Lega, Sampath V. and Vladimir Shavrov G.; Simulation of the electric current flow in amorphous-crystalline Ti NiCu alloy with shape memory effect; 2 Mater. Sci. Forum 845 (2016)146-149.
- Peter V. Lega, Dmitry S. Kuchin, Victor V. Koledov., Sampath V., Alexey M. Zhikharev and Vladimir G. Shavrov.; Simulation of control system of shape memory nanotweezers; Mater. Sci. Forum 845 (2016)142-145.
- Raju T.N. and Sampath V.; Effect of ternary addition of iron on shape memory characteristics of Cu-Al alloys; J. Mater. Eng. Perform. 20 (2011) 767-770.
- Raju T.N. and Sampath V.; Shape memory characteristics of Cu-Al-Fe shape memory alloys with the variation in aluminium and iron; Trans. Ind. Inst. Met. 64 (2011)165-168.
- Rajasekaran N.R. and Sampath V.; Synthesis and characterisation of AA 2219 Al alloy reinforced in-situ TiB composites; J. Min. Mater. Charact. 2 & Engg. 10 (2011) 527-534.
- Angappan M., Sampath V., Ashok B. and Deepkumar V.P.; Retrogression and reaging on short transverse tensile properties of 7010 aluminium alloy extrusions; Mater. Design 32 (2011) 4050-4053.
- Mallik U.S. and Sampath V.; Influence of quaternary alloying additions on transformation temperatures and shape memory properties of Cu-Al-Mn shape memory alloys; J. Alloy. Compd. 469 (2009)156-163.
- Mallik U.S. and Sampath V.; Effect of alloying on microstructure and shape memory characteristics of Cu-Al-Mn shape memory alloys; Mat. Sci. Eng. A 481-482 (2008) 680-683.
- New family of Fe-containing magnetic shape memory alloys with giant, reversible strain (approval received), Department of Science and Technology & Russian Foundation for Basic Research, Project Investigators: Sampath V. (PI) and Markandeyulu G. (Co-PI), 2016-2018.
- Development and characterisation of super elastic Ni-Ti shape memory alloys for biomedical and dental applications, DST, Project Investigators: Sampath V. (PI) and Paramanand Singh (Co-PI), 2006-2010.
- Development of Ni-Ti shape memory alloys for actuators through powder metallurgy route and their characterisation MHRD, Project Investigators: Sampath V. (PI) and Paramanand Singh (Co-PI), 2005-2008
Awards & Recognitions
Best Paper award for the paper entitled shape memory characteristics of Cu-Al-Fe shape memory alloys with the variation in aluminium and iron (authored by Raju T.N. and Sampath V.) presented at the session on phase transformation in International Symposium for Research Scholars (ISRS), IIT Madras, 2010.