- Processing and characterisation of polymer derived ceramics (PDCs)
- Mechanical behaviour
- Diffraction & spectroscopy techniques
Ravi Kumar N.V
Professor, Head of the Department
Mar 2007 – Jul 2012: Assistant Professor
Jul 2012 – March 2018: Associate Professor
March 2018 – till date: Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Abhijeet Lale, Ravi Kumar, Umit Bilge Demirci, Philippe Miele, Awin Wasan and Samuel Bernard; Organosilicon polymer-derived mesoporous 3D silicon carbide, carbonitride and nitride structures as platinum supports for hydrogen generation by hydrolysis of sodium borohydride; Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 41 (2016) 15477-15488.
- Wasan Awin Eranezhuth, Soumya Sridar, Bakthavachalam Kousaalya Adhimoolam and Ravi Kumar; Ablation resistance of precursor derived Si-Hf-C-N(O) ceramics; J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 36 (2016) 3717-3723.
- Eranezhuth Wasan Awin, Soumya Sridar, Rajashekhar Shabadi and Ravi Kumar; Structural, functional and mechanical properties of spark plasma sintered gadolinia (Gd O ); Ceram. Int. 42 (2016) 1384-1391.
- Parthiban Ramasamy, Mihai Stoica, Taghvaei A. H., Prashanth K. G., Ravi Kumar and Jürgen Eckert; Kinetic analysis of the non-isothermal crystallisation process, magnetic and mechanical properties of FeCoBSiNb and FeCoBSiNbCu bulk metallic glasses; J. Appl. Phys. 119 (2016) 073908-1 – 073908-9.
- Branko Matovic, Fatima Zivic, Slobodan Mitrovic, Dragan Prsic, Vesna Maksimovic, Tatjana Volkov-Husovic and Ravi Kumar; Ultra-high pressure densification and properties of nanostructured SiC; Mater. Lett. 164 (2016) 68-71.
- Mihai Stoica, Parthiban Ramasamy, Ivan Kaban, Sergio Scudino, Mircea Nicoara, Gavin B.M. Vaughan, Jonathan Wright, Jürgen Eckerta and Ravi Kumar; Structure evolution of soft magnetic (Fe Co B Si . Nb ) Cu (x = 0 and 0.5) bulk glassy alloys; Acta 36 36 19.2 4 8 4 100-x x Mater. 95 (2015) 335-342.
- Parthiban R., Stoica M., Kaban I., Eckert J. and Ravi Kumar; Viscosity and fragility of the super cooled liquids and melts from the Fe-Co-B-Si-Nb and Fe-Mo-P-C-B-Si glass-forming alloy systems; Intermetallics 66 (2015) 48-55.
- Development of prototype ceria based water splitter to generate hydrogen using concentrated solar energy, Ucchatar Avishkar Yojana (UAY), 2016-2019.
- Synthesis of photocatalytic porous silicon-containing nitride and oxynitride nanocomposites, Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (CEFIPRA/IFCPAR), 2014-2017.
- Development of anti-fouling coating based on surface modification approach, Board of Research of Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), 2012-2015.
- Evaluation of mechanical properties and FE modelling of the deformation of syntactic foams relevant for deep sea applications instruments and ocean observatory systems, IITM-NIOT cell, 2012-2014.
- Understanding the adhesion mechanisms of barnacles-structural & mechanical characterisation, Naval Research Board, 2008-2010.
Awards & Recognitions
- Institute Research Development Award-under 40 years category (IRDA 2015) from IIT Madras in recognition of excellence in research at IIT Madras in 2015.
- Young Faculty Recognition Award (YFRA) from IIT Madras in recognition of excellence in teaching & research in 2012.