- Magnetic materials & applications
- Li-ion battery
- Thermoelectric materials
- High Tc superconductors
- Microstructure-property correlation in functional materials
Adjunct Professor and Scientist-G, ARCI, Chennai
Phone: +91 44 6663 2723
Selected Journal Publications
- Harish S., Sivaprahasam D., Manjusha Battabyal and Gopalan R.; Phase stability and thermoelectric properties of nanocrystalline Cu Zn Sb S 10.5 1.5 4 13 tetrahedrite; J. Alloys Compd. 667 (2016) 323
Awards & Recognitions
- Best PhD thesis award at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India, 1996.
- National Science Day (Sir CV Raman day) Medal award (2006) at DMRL (DRDO).
- “Metallurgist of the Year”award by Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India, 2013.
- Nanocomposite magnet and process for producing the same. J. Zhang, Y Takahashi, R Gopalan and K Hono (Patent no WO/2006/064937).
- A process for in-situ carbon coating on alkali transition metal oxides. Dr. M. B. Sahana, S. Vasu, M. Sathiya and R. Gopalan, 2016 (11007461).
- An in-situ synthesis of sodium insertion material-sacrificial salt composite for sodium ion batteries and the material produced thereof. M. Sathiya, Joy Thomas and R. Gopalan, 2016.