- Secondary refining and continuous casting of steel
- Quality of cast and rolled steel products
Selected Journal Publications
- Ray S.K.; Influence of intrinsic solidification behaviour on quality of cast and rolled products of stainless steels; Adv. Mat. Res.794 (2013) 63.
- Ray S.K. and Dutta T.K.; Improved collector for wind trippers in raw material handling plant; Steel Times Int. 37 (2013) 16.
- Sengupta M.S. and Ray S.K; Coal preparation: The role of selective crushing vis-à-vis coke quality; JPC Bulletin on Iron and Steel 14 (2014) 29.
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Metallurgist award, conferred by Ministry of steel, Govt. of India
- Ten patents granted in the areas of continuous casting and subsequent processing of different special steels, alloy steels and stainless steels. Out of these ten, three have been granted in foreign countries, viz. Austria, Italy and China.