Course Objectives: Facilitate industry professionals to obtain an M.Tech degree in Industrial Metallurgy without leaving their workplace.
Duration: 5 years
Entrance: No entrance test. Employee of any industry or R&D organisation can register through sponsorship
- B.E/B.Tech (or) its equivalent (or) Associate Membership of professional bodies as approved by IITM.
- 60% marks (or) 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Industry (or) R&D organisation.
- It is a non-residential program, where the candidates attend classes remotely from their workplace.
- The programme provides flexibility regarding the pace of completion of curricular requirements. The student could register for 2 or 3 courses per semester, with total requirement of 11 courses and a one year project for the entire program to be completed in 5 years.
- The faculty of IITM offer the courses through online video lectures in the evening hours (5 to 7 PM) on all working days.
- A compulsory M.Tech project has to be carried out in the employee’s own industry/R&D organisation.