- Combinatorial Alloy Design
- Correlative Microscopy
- Magnetic Materials
- Atom Probe Tomography and Field Ion Microscopy
- Multi-component High Entropy Alloys and Steels
2018 - till date
AboutDr. K. G. Pradeep joined the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at IIT Madras in May 2018. He completed his PhD from Max-Planck Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH, Düsseldorf and RWTH Aachen University, Germany He was also a visiting scientist at Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany. Prior to joining IIT Madras, he was the Group Leader for Atom Probe Tomography at RWTH Aachen University, Germany. He received his M.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from IIT Madras and B.E. in Metallurgical Engineering from Government College of Engineering, Salem, Anna University, India.
His research interest lies in the areas of Alloy Design including combinatorial and additive approaches, Correlative Microscopy along with method development. He specializes in the fields of Physical Metallurgy, Magnetic materials, Atom Probe Tomography, Field Ion Microscopy, Transmission Kikuchi Diffraction, Mechanical Behaviour of materials and In-situ method development.
Selected Journal Publications
- G. Vijayaragavan, D. Prabhu, M. B. Ponnuchamy, K. R. S. Preethi Meher, Ravi Gautam, Mainak Saha, R. Gopalan, K. G. Pradeep, Microstructure evolution and phase analysis of Sm60Ni40 alloy, Journals of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 566, (2023) 170323.
- K. Gururaj, Mainak Saha, Sumit Kumar Maurya, Rajat Nama, A. Alankar, M. B. Ponnuchamy, K. G. Pradeep, On the correlative microscopy analyses of nano-twinned domains in 2 mol%. Zirconia alloyed yttrium tantalate thermal barrier material, Scripta Materialia 212 (2022) 114584.
- K. G. Pradeep, K. Chang, A. Kovács, S. Sen, A. Marshal, René de Kloe, R.E. Dunin-Borkowski J. M. Schneider, Nano-scale Si segregation and precipitation in Cr2Al(Si)C MAX phase coatings impeding grain growth during oxidation, Mater. Res. Lett. 7 (2019) 180-187.
IITM Young Faculty Mobility Grant Award
Awarded Head - Max-Planck India Partner Group