- Gibbs energy modelling of materials employing Calphad
- Applications of density functional theory in materials science
- Modelling of diffusion-controlled transformations in ferrous and non-ferrous alloys
- Alloy design using physical metallurgy & computational thermodynamics
2013 - till date
2004 - 2013
2002 - 2004
AboutK.C. Hari Kumar obtained PhD degree in Computation of Phase Diagrams of Iron-base Alloys from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi in 1992. Before joining IIT Madras, he was an Independent Research Fellow in the Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering (MTM), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium (May 1992- Dec 2002). While in Europe, he has been a visiting scientist to LTPCM (CNRS), Grenoble, France, and the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden. He joined the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department, IIT Madras, as a Visiting Faculty Member in Dec 2002. He became a permanent faculty member in Jan 2004.
Selected Journal Publications
- K Santhy, KC Hari Kumar, Thermodynamic modelling of magnetic laves phase in Fe-Ti system using first principle method, Intermetallics, Volume 128, 106978, 2021.
- GM Muralikrishna, B Tas, N Esakkiraja, VA Esin, KC Hari Kumar, IS Golovin, IV Belova, GE Murch, A Paul, SV Divinski, Composition dependence of tracer diffusion coefficients in Fe - Ga alloys: a case study by a tracer-interdiffusion couple method, Acta Materialia, Volume 203, 116446, 2021..
- C Neelamegan Esakkiraja, Anuj Dash, Avik Mondal, KC Hari Kumar, Aloke Paulorrelation between estimated diffusion coefficients from different types of diffusion couples in multicomponent system, Materialia, Volume 16, 101046, 2021.
Associate Editor, Journal of Phase Equilibria and Diffusion (An ASM-Springer Journal)
Member, Editorial Board, MSIEureka, MaterialsScience International Team(MSIT),Stuttgart, Germany (http://www.msiport.com/discover-msi-eureka/)