- Deformation behaviour of materials
- Computational crystal plasticity
- Plastic anisotropy and crystallographic texture in metals
- Aerospace materials
- Duplex stainless steels
- Materials Informatics for metals
2021 - Till date
2012 - 2021
AboutBefore coming to IIT-Madras, I was a postdoc at Los Alamos National Lab (LANL) in New Mexico, USA. Prior to that I got my PhD from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KUL), Belgium. I lead the laboratory for the mechanics of microstructures. We focus on the mechanical behaviour of metallic materials from a microstructural point of view by combined computational and experimental approaches. Crystal plasticity and multiscale modelling are the primary tools we use. We focus on a wide range of technologically critical structural materials such as duplex stainless steels, titanium alloys and nickel-based superalloys. We specifically look at processing-induced mechanical anisotropy in materials. We address both fundamental scientific questions and industrially relevant problems. Recently, we also ventured into the use of data sciences to address the issues related to the mechanics of materials.
Selected Journal Publications
- D Chalapathi, PV Sivaprasad, AK Kanjarla, A crystal plasticity investigation on the influence of orientation relationships on texture evolution during rolling in fcc/bcc two-phase materials, Materials Today Communications 31, 103300. 2022.
- D Chalapathi, PV Sivaprasad, G Chai, AK Kanjarla, Anisotropic work hardening behaviour in duplex stainless steel under uni-axial loading: Interplay between phase morphology and crystallographic texture, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 143418. 2022.
- M Settem, P Kumar, I Adlakha, AK Kanjarla, Surface reconstruction in core shell nanoalloys: interplay between size and strain, Acta Materialia, 118038. 2022 .