- Corrosion characteristics of engg. materials & coatings
- Smart coatings for corrosion protection
- Micro and mechano electrochemistry
- Titania nanotubes and properties
- Metallic bipolar plates for PEMFC
- High temperature oxidation and hot corrosion
2022 - till date
2017 - 2022
2012 - 2017
AboutSince the last 7 years, our group at Corrosion Engineering and Materials Electrochemistry laboratory has been involved in innovative and ground-breaking research in the fields of electrochemistry, surface modification, and corrosion. In this group, the focus is as much on the fundamentals of the electrochemical processes as on the real-world applications. A variety of materials ranging from metals and alloys to polymer composites are dealt with at both micro- and nano- scale so as to enhance the in-depth knowledge of phenomena studied
Selected Journal Publications
- Munirathinam B. and Neelakantan L, Role of crystallographic texture and crystallinity on the electrochemical behaviour of nanocrystalline Sr doped calcium phosphate coatings, J. Electrochem. Soc.163 (2016) D336-D343.
- Munirathinam B. and Neelakantan L, Role of crystallinity on the nanomechanical and electrochemical properties of TiO nanotubes, J. 2 Electroanal. Chem. 770 (2016) 73-83.
- Srinivas M., Srinivas Kumar Adapaka and Lakshman Neelakanthan, Solubility effects of Sn and Ga on the microstructure and corrosion behaviour of Al-Mg-Sn-Ga anodes, J. Alloy. Compd. 683 (2016) 647-653.