- Processing and characterisation of polymer derived ceramics (PDCs)
- Mechanical behaviour
- Diffraction & spectroscopy techniques
2018 - till date
2012 - 2018
2007 - 2012
AboutRavi Kumar is a Professor of Ceramics in the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at IIT Madras, India. Prof. Ravi Kumar's research interests include the development of novel non-metallic & inorganic materials whose properties can be tuned on an atomistic scale which includes thermal management, catalysis and energy. Since the last six years, his research has diversified into developing ceramics for environmental and energy applications such as photocatalytic materials for water remediation, dielectric materials for capacitor-based energy storage, electrocatalytic and solar materials for hydrogen production. He has been a visiting professor at various institutions abroad and is currently executing bilateral projects with various international institutions as well as with industries. He is a recipient of the Young Faculty Recognition Award (YFRA- 2012) and Institute Research and Development Award (IRDA- 2015) from IIT Madras. Prof. Ravi Kumar also serves on the editorial board of Surface Innovations, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, Frontiers in Materials: For Ceramics & Glass and Journal of Innovative Materials in Extreme Conditions. At the Laborat...
Selected Journal Publications
- Abhijeet Lale, Ravi Kumar, Umit Bilge Demirci, Philippe Miele, Awin Wasan and Samuel Bernard;, Organosilicon polymer-derived mesoporous 3D silicon carbide, carbonitride and nitride structures as platinum supports for hydrogen generation by hydrolysis of sodium borohydride; Int., J. Hydrogen Energy 41 (2016) 15477-15488..
- Wasan Awin Eranezhuth, Soumya Sridar, Bakthavachalam Kousaalya Adhimoolam and Ravi Kumar;, Ablation resistance of precursor derived Si-Hf-C-N(O) ceramics;, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 36 (2016) 3717-3723..
- Eranezhuth Wasan Awin, Soumya Sridar, Rajashekhar Shabadi and Ravi Kumar; , Structural, functional and mechanical properties of spark plasma sintered gadolinia (Gd O ); , Ceram. Int. 42 (2016) 1384-1391..
Institute Research Development Award-under 40 years category (IRDA 2015) from IIT Madras in recognition of excellence in research at IIT Madras
Young Faculty Recognition Award (YFRA) from IIT Madras in recognition of excellence in teaching & research