- Process modelling, control, optimisations of iron & steelmaking
- Computational thermodynamics & its application to high temperature
- Application of artificial intelligence (ANN, GA)
- Computer Aided Process Engineering (CAPE)
- Microwave assisted metal extraction, extractive metallurgy and heat and mass transfer
2012 - till date
Selected Journal Publications
- Ravindra Dhirhi, Kali Prasad, Ajay Kumar Shukla, Sabita Sarkar, Renganathan T., Pushpavanam S. and Marutiram Kaza, Experimental study of rotating dry slag granulation unit, operating regimes, particle size analysis and scale up, Appl. Therm. Eng. 107 (2016 ) 898-906.
- Shukla A. K., Deo B. and Robertson D.G.C, Scrap dissolution in molten iron containing carbon for the case of coupled heat and mass transfer control, Metall. Mater. Trans. B 44(2013)1407-1427.
- Shukla A. K., Deo B. and Robertson D.G.C, Role of air gap in scrap dissolution process, Metall. Mater. Trans. B 44 (2013)1398-1406.
Keynote speaker at high temperature processing symposium, Swinburne University, Australia
Visiting faculty on DAAD bilateral exchange fellowship to ferrous metallurgy division, RWTH Aachen University