- Process modelling/design of multiphase reactor
- Modelling and simulation of transport phenomena through packed bed and fluidised bed
- Modelling of gas bubble-liquid-particle interactions during flotation process
- Modelling of atomisation process
2009 - 2019
2019 - tilll date
AboutDr Sabita Sarkar obtained her PhD from the Department of Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru in 2006. Soon after finishing her PhD, she moved to the University of Twente, The Netherlands. She worked as a postdoc fellow in the Chemical Reaction Engineering Group. Subsequently, she moved to Trondheim, Norway, where she worked as a research scientist in SINTEF Materials and Chemistry department. She joined this department as an assistant professor in 2009. Her specialization is multiphase flow phenomena modelling & simulation, designing and optimising chemical and metallurgical process reactors.
Selected Journal Publications
- Vishnu Teja Mantripragada and Sabita Sarkar, Multi-Objective Optimization of Bottom Purged Steelmaking Ladle, Trans Indian Inst Met, 2022.
- Vishnu Teja Mantripragada, Krishanu Kumar, Pankaj Kumar, Sabita Sarkar, Modelling of Powder Production During Centrifugal Atomization, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, 2021, 7, 620-629.
- Lipak Kumar Sahoo, Sabita Sarkar, Experimental study of bubble behaviour in a two-dimensional gas-solid tapered fluidized bed, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 2021, 60, 12740-12751.