- Thermoelectrics for Energy Harvesting
- Thermal, electrical transport properties
- Material Processing
- Glasses and Ceramics
2022 - till date
AboutDr. Bhuvanesh Srinivasan joined as an Assistant Professor of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering at IIT Madras on 13-June-2022. Before joining IIT Madras, he was a JSPS postdoctoral fellow (2019 - 2022) at the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Tsukuba, Japan. At NIMS, he was hosted at the French-Japanese international platform, LINK, a joint research unit established in partnership between CNRS, Saint-Gobain, and NIMS. His research is focused on thermoelectric materials and devices for energy harvesting applications. Prior to his tenure at NIMS, he was a Marie-Curie Ph.D. fellow at the CNRS-University of Rennes 1, France (2015 - 2018). During his Ph.D., he carried out secondment periods of a few months at Nanoforce Technology Ltd., Queen Mary University of London, U.K. He pursued his Erasmus Mundus Master's program in Materials Science (2013 - 2015) jointly from the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU), Munich, Germany. During his Erasmus Mundus Masters, he spent a couple of mobility/exchange periods at ETH-Zurich (3 months) and EPFL-Lausanne (6 months), Switzerland. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering in Materials Scie...
Selected Journal Publications
- A.R. Muchtar, B. Srinivasan*, S.L. Tonquesse, S. Singh, N. Soelami, B. Yuliarto, D. Berthebaud, T. Mori, Physical Insights on the Lattice Softening Driven Mid-Temperature Range Thermoelectrics of Ti/Zr-Inserted SnTe - An Outlook Beyond the Horizons of Conventional Phonon Scattering and Excavation of Heikes' Equation for Estimating Carrier Properties, Adv. Energy Mater. 11 (2021) 2101122. (journal front cover) .
- B. Srinivasan, S. Le Tonquesse, A. Gelle, C. Bourges, L. Monier, I. Ohkubo, J.-F. Halet, D. Berthebaud*, T. Mori, Screening of transition (Y, Zr, Hf, V, Nb, Mo, and Ru) and rare-earth (La and Pr) elements as potential effective dopants for thermoelectric GeTe – an experimental and theoretical appraisal, J. Mater. Chem. A 8 (2020) 19805-19821. (Themed as HOT paper & journal front cover) .
- C. Bourges, B. Srinivasan*, B. Fontaine, P. Sauerschnig, A. Minard, J.-F. Halet, Y. Miyazaki, D. Berthebaud, T. Mori, Tailoring the thermoelectric and structural properties of Cu-Sn based thiospinel compounds [CuM1+xSn1-S4 (M = Ti, V, Cr, Co)], J. Mater. Chem. C. 8 (2020) 16368-16383.(journal back cover) .
ICYS Promising Young Researcher Award on the occasion of the NIMS-MANA International Symposium, Tsukuba, Japan
The Bernard Coqblin Prize for the best doctoral thesis in the field of thermoelectrics by the French Thermoelectric Society (GIS-TE)