- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
- Energy Materials
- Batteries & Supercapacitors
- Friction stir welding & Processing
- Al and Ti based metal matrix composites
2007 - 2012
2012 - 2018
2018 - Till date
AboutDr Ranjit Bauri obtained his PhD from the Department of Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, in 2005. After a stint of 2 years in R&D on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, he joined the Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, IIT Madras, in 2007. He is currently a Professor in the department. He is part of the Joining and Additive Manufacturing Lab and heads the department's Energy Materials and Non-Destructive Testing Labs. His broad research areas include Fuel cells, Energy Materials, Nano Materials, Friction Stir Welding and processing, and light alloy and Composites. He is a passionate teacher and has offered many courses, including several NPTEL courses in the broad subject areas of Metallurgy, Materials Science and NDT. He actively collaborates with many institutes and organizations and is associated with several professional societies.
Selected Journal Publications
- R. Venkatesan, Ranjit Bauri, Kishore Kumar Mayuranathan, Zinc Vanadium Oxide Nanobelts as High-Performance Cathodes for Rechargeable Zinc-Ion Batteries, Energy & Fuels 36 (2022) 854-7864.
- R. Damodaram, Pranav Rai, S. Cyril Joseph Daniel, Ranjit Bauri, Devinder Yadav, Friction surfacing: A tool for surface crack repair, Surf. Coat. Technolo., 422 (2021) 127482.
- C.N. Shyam Kumar, Ranjit Bauri, G. Srinivas Reddy, Phase stability and conductivity of rare earth co-doped nanocrystalline zirconia electrolytes for solid oxide fuel cells, J. Alloys. Comp., 833 (2020) 155100.
Gold medal for 1 position in the Dept. in M.Tech,, Indian Institute of st Engineering Science and Technology (Formerly B. E. College, Shibpur).