- Thermal Spray Processing
- Surface Engineering
- Fretting Fatigue and Fretting Wear
- Fatigue of Materials and Weldments
- Deformation Behaviour
2009 - till date
2006 - 2009
2000 - 2006
AboutDr. S. Ganesh Sundara Raman is at present serving as a Professor in Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras, India. Hehas the following degrees: B.E. (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli, India; M.S. (by Research) and Ph.D., both from the Department of Metallurgical Engineering, IIT Madras, India. After completion of post-doctoral research assignments in France and Japan, he joined IIT Madras as a faculty member in 2000. He has supervised the thesis work of 20research scholars for their M.S./Ph.D. degrees. He has completed many sponsored research projects funded by ARDB, DST, DRDO, GTRE, IGCAR, ISRO and MHRD in the areas of fatigue of weldments, fracture, high temperature deformation, coatings and fretting. He has also completed many industrial consultancy projects. He has around 100 research papers published in refereed international journals.
Selected Journal Publications
- Rajesh J., Suresh Koppoju, Jeyaraam, R., Ganesh Sundara Raman, S. and Sundararajan, G, On the understanding of microstructural evolution during hot deformation of n-ODS-18Cr ferritic steel containing heterogeneous microstructure, Mater. Sci. Engg. A, 800, 140343, 2021 , (https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2020.140343)..
- Rajesh J., Aravind, U., Bhagwan Singh Meena and Ganesh Sundara Raman, S, High Temperature Deformation Behavior and Constitutive Modelling for Flow Behavior of Alloy 718, J Mater Engg Performance, 29, 4692-4707, 2020 , (https:// doi.org/10.1007/s11665-020-04989-2)..
- Rajesh J.,SamarthaChannagiri, Ganesh Sundara Raman, S. and Sundararajan, G, Strengthening mechanisms in nano oxide dispersion strengthened Fe-18Cr ferritic steel at different temperatures, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 52A, 1901-1912, 2021, (https:// doi.org/10.1007/s11661-021-06200-0)..
2015 - 2018
Editor of an international journal Transactions of Indian Institute of Metals published by Springer
Invitation as a Guest Scientist under NIMS Invitation Program 2008, For doing research work in the area of Thermal Spray Processing for a period of one yearat National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Japan