- (Quantitative) in situ electron microscopy
- Functional nanomaterials and thin films
- Atomic to device-scale functionality investigation
- Phase transformation studies
- Alloy preparation and design
2023 - Till date
AboutHema has her bachelor’s degree in materials science and engineering from the College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University Chennai, and she is the gold medalist of her batch. Later she joined for her Masters and Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Science Bangalore. She was then a postdoctoral fellow at the Technion Israel Institute of Technology. Her research focuses on synthesising, developing, and fabricating functional nanomaterials and devices. She has expertise in utilizing electron microscopy tools to understand the atomic to microlevel functionalities and phase transformations in electronic materials.
Selected Journal Publications
- Hemaprabha E, Maya B, Jiawei H, Shi L, Shai C, Yachin I, Engineering individual oxygen vacancies: domain-wall conductivity and controllable topological solitons, ACS Nano, 2021. 15: 13380–13388.
- Hemaprabha E, Ankita M, Ravishankar N, Chattopadhyay K, Green synthesis of germanium nano ink and inkjet printing of Si/Ge heterostructure, Materials Research Bulletin, 2020. 132: 110984.
Hemaprabha E, Maya B, Sahar S, Noy C, Yizhe J, Lane W M, Yachin I, Giant superelastic piezoelectricity in
flexible ferroelectric BaTiO3 membranes, ACS Nano, 2020. 14: 5053-5060.
Institute postdoctoral fellowship by Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
P. Chandrasekaran Memorial Endowment for the Best Outgoing Student with excellent academic performance in Material Science and Engineering by CEG - Anna University Chennai