- Transport processes in colloids and polymers
- Interfacial fluid mechanics
- Physical chemistry of surfaces
- Coating and printing methods
Sreeram K Kalpathy
Oct 2015 – till date: Assistant Professor
Selected Journal Publications
- Jithin J. Marattukalam, Amit Kumar Singh, Susmit Datta, Mitun Das, Vamsi Krishna Balla, Srikanth Bontha and Sreeram K. Kalpathy; Microstructure and corrosion behaviour of laser processed NiTi alloy; Mat. Sci. Engg. C 57 (2015) 309.
- Kalpathy S.K., Francis L.F. and Kumar S.; Thermally induced delay and reversal of liquid film dewetting on chemically patterned surfaces; J. Colloid Interface Sci. 408 (2013) 212.
- Kalpathy S.K., Francis L.F. and Kumar S.; Thin-film models of liquid displacement on chemically patterned surfaces for lithographic printing processes; J. Colloid Interface Sci. 383 (2012)155.
- Reynolds T.D., Kalpathy S.K., Kumar S. and Francis L.F.; Dip coating of charged colloidal suspensions onto substrates with patterned wettability: Coating regime maps; J. Colloid Interface Sci. 352 (2010) 202 .
- Kalpathy S.K., Francis L.F. and Kumar S.; Shear-induced suppression of rupture in two-layer thin liquid films; J. Colloid Interface Sci. 348 (2010) 271.
Awards & Recognitions
- Best paper award for the track of experimental and theoretical fluid flow at Fluidsche 2015, an International conference organised by University Malaysia Pahang, Langkawi, 2015.
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, University of Minnesota, 2011.
- S. Anantharamakrishnan Memorial award for highest CGPA in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (Dual Degree), IIT Madras, 2007.