- Printed and flexible electronics
- Nanostructure synthesis
- Electronic device fabrication
2022 - till date
2018 - 2022
2013 - 2018
AboutDr Parasuraman Swaminathan graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras in 2003 with a Bachelors's and Masters's degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. He completed his PhD in 2009 from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. He then worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Johns Hopkins University and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) before joining Intel Corp in 2011 as a Module and Yield Integration Engineer. In 2013, he joined IIT Madras as an Assistant Professor and is currently an Associate Professor and Head of the Electronic Materials and Thin Films Lab. His group works on printed electronics to develop flexible transparent sensors and low-power displays.
Selected Journal Publications
- Neha Sharma, Nitheesh M. Nair, Garikapati Nagasarvari, Debdutta Ray, and P. Swaminathan, A review of silver nanowire-based composites for flexible electronic applications, Flexible and Printed Electronics, 7, 014009 (2022).
- Meghna Narayanan, Allakonda Harsha, Anirban Chakraborty, and P. Swaminathan, Reactive bilayers by self-activated electroless nickel-phosphorous deposition on pure aluminum, JOM 73, 574 (2021)..
- Nitheesh M. Nair, Ishani Khanra, Debdutta Ray, and P. Swaminathan, Silver nanowire-based printable electro-thermo-chromic ink for flexible touch-display applications, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 13, 34550 (2021).
IIT Madras Young Faculty Recognition Award (YFRA) for excellence in teaching and research
Certificate for online course content creation for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)